Bluffton News Sells to Mickens Incorporated

   For the past 117 years, “The Bluffton News” has been owned and operated by two different father and son pairs. On May 26, a new father and son will operate the newspaper.
   “The Bluffton News” was founded in 1875 by N.W. Cunningham. It was then owned for a short time by Jesse Huber. He sold the property to I.N. Heminger, later editor and publisher of The Findlay Republican Courier. The B.F. Biery family purchased the paper in 1900. Mr. Biery and later his son, Ted, owned and operated the paper for 52 years.

BHS Grad Pens Book that Takes a Closer Look into the NBA in the 1970s

by Austin Arnold   In a span of less than a year, that of which included the birth of his youngest daughter, accepting a new teaching position in a different state, and subsequently buying a house in Missouri and selling his home in Ohio, 1997 Bluffton High School graduate Adam Criblez still found the time to read. While it may have been more out of habit as he was preparing to teach an upcoming course, than for leisure, the decision to delve into a few books at this chaotic time served him well. Not only did it help him in instructing a new class, it would also lead to a new writing venture, too.

Dr. Chappell Contributes to Heart Research

   Dr. Terry Chappell’s article about the impact of the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT) was featured as the cover story of the May 2017 issue of the Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine.  Centered in Pt. Townsend, Washington, the TL publishes a print magazine about alternative medicine.  It is written by researchers, health practitioners and patients. As a forum for the entire alternative medicine community, the monthly periodical presents scientific information (pro and con) on a wide variety of alternative medicine topics.

Persistence Pays Off, Leiber Sells to Dotson

by Paula McKibben   The process began around the middle of December and ended April 21 – the sale of Leiber Garage to Tommy Dotson.
Dwain Leiber laughed, saying he was ready to sell “because somebody younger needs to take this over to move it into the future.” He started the business in 1969 after spending 3 years with Bob Williams Chevrolet, located across from A to Z Meats, and then spending ten years with White Chevrolet in Lima. All told he has spent 48 years as a mechanic in his own shop and another 13 years as a mechanic for someone else.

Syndicate content